ANANDA UMA is a Yoga & Ecology Center. It is 6 hectares ( 14.8 Acres) located at Phuoc Tan, Bienhao City, Vietnam.
Ananda means Bliss and Uma is the name of a Hindu Goddess (Parvati) and also means " Mother" or Lady of the Mountain". The name also means tranquility and "bright" in Sanskrit
The land has found in 1993 by Didi Ananda Lalita
( A missionary of Ananda Marga, Didi means respect sister) and Sister Uma.
MASTER UNIT: SOLUTIONS TO ALL THE CRISES OF MODERN LIFE
Humanity is now being challenged as never before to grow in wisdom, maturity, and understanding. A plethora of deep and pressing concerns is calling for our immediate attention, concerns;
•Earth's environmental degradation, the loss of precious topsoil and forest cover, the loss of habitat and the extinction of species.
•The glaring and increasing disparity between rich and poor leading to exploitation, poverty, and the associated regimen of malnutrition and over-population
•The disintegration of families, communities, even entire cultures
•Unrestrained urbanization resulting in social alienation, displacement
•Global warming and ozone depletion
•Conflict over access to the remaining energy reserves.
•Feelings of disconnection with the natural world
•The dimming of a sense of spiritual awareness and purpose
There are the solution for the crises and Ananda Uma will be the hope for the future. Through Master Units and sustainable program, we will elevate the standard of the people.
A MISSION &PURPOSE:
1. To support local and global change through learning, teaching, and networking.
2. To use and develop ecologically sound technologies for water, waste, energy, construction, and other essential systems.
3. To develop and support a thriving local economy.
4. To grow, raise, and trade our own food, medicines, and forestry products in an environmentally responsible, bioregional network.
5. To encourage an atmosphere in which diverse spiritual practices, conscious connection to all beings, and progressive social action can thrive.
6. To practice healthy, holistic lifestyles that balance self-care with care for others.
MAIN PROJECT ACTIVITIES :
• An organic farm, according to Baba’s ideal farming.
• Place for Yoga and meditation, workshop, conference.
• Service for Elderly, children, free clinic