It is a Master Unit (MU) of Ananda Marga founded on the principles of sustainable development as enunciated by P.R.Sarkar - the founder of Ananda Marga.
One of the long-term objectives of the MU's
is the establishment of self-sufficient Organic Farming model communities close to Nature.
In the future, these units will serve as examples of self-sufficiency and all-round development of the individual and the surrounding communities.
Ananda Marga is a global spiritual and social movement dedicated to self-realization and service to humanity. Started by Shrii Shrii Anandamurti in 1955, Ananda Marga is based on Astaunga Yoga and the ancient science of Tantra Ananda Marga is active in more than 160 countries, where its practitioners teach spiritual practices and lead service and development projects.
IDEAL MASTER UNIT
The project is founded on the following 5 primary requisites of an Ideal Sustainable Community:
ECONOMIC SELF- RELIANCE: To provide food throughout the year, sufficient local raw materials produced through agriculture and scientific farming. These raw materials will provide the basis for industrial units and agro-industries such as dairy farms, horticulture, sericulture, etc. We focus on cooperative industry to produce the basic necessities of life.
SOCIAL&EDUCATION: Encourage an atmosphere for spiritual practices, progressive social action, and the practice of healthy lifestyles. Support local and global change through learning, teaching, and networking. Provide primary and post-primary schools that encourage moral principles.
ECOLOGY& ENERGY: Afforestation and harvesting rain water, conservation of surface water through a system of ponds, canals, dams, lakes. To use and develop ecologically sound technologies for water, waste, energy, construction, and other essential systems. (Solar, wind, biogas, biomass. Small-scale hydroelectric.)
ENGAGING WORK PLACES: Industries and agriculture will be run on a cooperative basis. With a more decentralized economy, people will have more direct control over their work and feel more responsibility for their jobs. Construct alternative houses for workers and low income family.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF A SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY
• An Ideal farm: integrated farming & Agricultural Training Center.
• Flour mill to produce flour.
• A bakery
• A seed bank: Cheap Seed Distribution Center.
• A Free Plant Distribution Centre.
• Sericulture and silk weaving centre.
• Bio-gas plants (Water hyacinths for producing bio-gas.)
• Apiculture (bee-keeping)
• Animal sanctuary. (Only bio-fertilizers; cow dung, neem spray, etc.)
• Alternative energy.
SPECIAL EMERGENCY SURVIVAL PLANTS PROGRAM
• They are the minimum items necessary for physical survival.
• Vegetables: People cannot remain healthy without vegetables. One quarter of the land is to be allotted
for: Wax gourd, Bottle gourd, Pumpkin, bitter gourd, cucumber, creepers
• Fruits: a vital part of human diet, purifying body, nutritious and medicinal value
• Pluses: Black gram, Soybean
• Potato: Carbohydrates substitute for cereals
• Fodder for dairy cows: sweet potatoes and black gram, are good fodder for animals. One of the best
grasses to encourage milk production in cows is napier grasses (pennisetum purpureum)
• Herbs and medicinal plants
Master Units will expand all possible services, particularly in the fields of education, culture, economics and spiritual upliftment.
Shrii Shrii Anandamurti